Saturday 21 September 2013

Photo Challenge: From Lines to Patterns

This week's photo challenge invites us to look at how the world around us, both natural and human-made, is full of patterns and textures.  Sometimes something as simple as the lines on the road can be captured in a way that is compelling and interesting to look at.   The link above will take you to the WordPress Daily Blog where you can see a really nice example of urban patterns.

I searched through my photos and have come up with a few natural lines & patterns, followed by some urban examples.

The dew on this spider web made a gorgeous pattern

I loved the look of these clouds against the blue sky - they looked so fluffy I could almost feel them


I don't normally find pigeons to be all that inspiring, but these birds on a wire really caught my eye!  Lisbon, Portugal

This is the beautiful pattern on the ceiling of the Opera House in Prague.  My friend Dagne and I were backpacking in the Czech Republic, and as we wandered past the Opera House one evening, someone offered us tickets to the orchestra.  We took them with enthusiasm!  Once inside, we were treated to a show by the National Orchestra that was fantastic.  We were definitely underdressed in jeans, but we enjoyed the show.  

This amazing stained glass ceiling is at the Empress Hotel in Victoria.  We were lucky enough to spend a few nights there during our wedding last summer.  It is a lovely hotel with a lot of character and history.  

2 comments:

  1. Meg, my favorite shot is the pigeons on the wires - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they looked so neat! I was lucky to catch this shot out of the window of street car as we rolled past.

      Delete